Is Valley Girl to the 2020's what Xanadu was to the 1980's?
I’m sorry to those that partook in the production of what I feel in my opinion seems to be 2020’s - 1980’s Xanadu - Valley Girl (2020). Production issues and some lost in translation cuts.
Logan Paul should not have been cast, I don’t feel he was ready yet or has a strong enough presence. He does remind me of a real life Mr. Incredible.
It seems this films redeeming value is the mother (Alicia Silverstone) telling her daughter a story that more involves young love and just enjoying life by going to small clubs, driving around the city, going to parties, and spending time with those you want to spend time with. Most of the “punk” rock seems grunge and it’s what I was doing back in 2000. I do love the 80’s songs in the film.
Yes, I am punishing myself and feel this movie needs another cut. I guess there was this Peyton List actor cut from the movie causing a Valley Girl Truthers cut. I kind of felt the 1980’s in the beginning in the mall scene, but a lot of it feels like somebody chalk sprayed pastels and neon coloring all over my television. If you would like several suggestions for this movie perhaps, La-La-Land(2016), Romeo & Juliette (1996), License To Drive (1988) or Valley Girl (1983) - but even in Valley Girl (1983) there was that “required” nude scenes with one in which the voice of Chucky Pickles - Elizabeth Daily’s character partakes in that I feel is unnecessary. I remember Elizabeth in Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure (1958) as Dottie.
I swear I just saw Smurfette. Sorry for being so harsh on the movie, but you should see it at least one time in it’s full entirety. I may be watching this again, but also I believe The Room (2003) is a good movie as well.
Please Logan Paul...give back your wig to The Hulkster for his Wrestlemania events.
Xanadu (1980) suffered from a lot of production problems. It shows through out the film.
In my personal experience the 1980’s was dark and dreary with happiness. I cite Folgers Christmas Commercial with the VW Beetle, Mr. Mom (1983), and mid 1980’s Light Bright toy commercials. Most home footage on camcorders lacked a lot of lighting which led to detail loss.
Comments
Post a Comment